The City of Moksha
Varanasi is a city in the northern Indian condition of Uttar Pradesh dating to the eleventh century B.C. Viewed as the profound capital of India, the city draws Hindu pioneers who bathe in the Ganges River’s consecrated waters and perform burial service ceremonies. Along the city’s winding roads are somewhere in the range of 2,000 sanctuaries, including Kashi Vishwanath, the “Brilliant Temple,” devoted to the Hindu god Shiva.
History and Specialty
- Banaras/Varanasi or kashi whatever you call is the oldest living city which still exists in the world. You can visit the New Vishwanath Temple there, which is said to be the temple which gives you eternity and blesses you.
- It is said that Banaras is a place where if we perform the last rituals of the body, then the soul rests in heaven.
Places to Visit in Varanasi
- You can visit the holy Ganges to take a dip and get rid of your sins.
- You can take a boat ride at the ghats, which are famous worldwide.
- In case you are religious enough visit the Sankatmochan Temple, Tibetan temple and Kedar Ghat which are famous for having magical powers which can heal any body ailment.
- You can also explore the statue of standing Buddha, though new to Varanasi, this 80 feet statue is becoming a tourist attraction sooner than expected.
Safety tips to follow
With Varanasi known for thugs, you need to be really alert, here are the tips which you should follow in order to remain safe in this city-
- Don’t trust the priests on the Ghats, they are professionals in looting.
- Don’t disclose what you have in the bag, or where you are staying, as there could be a chance you being followed and hurt.
- Don’t take things from someone to eat; it really can turn to be the last bit you ate.
Varanasi Tour Packages
North India & Nepal Tour – Discover India With NepalDuration : 14 Day(s) / 13 Night(s)
Destination Covered : Delhi - Jaipur - Agra - Khajuraho - Varanasi - Kathmandu
Northern India HighlightsDuration : 14 Night(s) / 15 Day(s)
Destination Covered : Delhi-Varanasi-Khajuraho- Jhansi – Agra-Jaipur –Jodhpur – Udaipur