Kolkata – The City of Delight
Kolkata, the ‘City of Delight’, is a city with a rich social legacy and old customs. The spirit of the city lies with its noteworthy structures and landmarks. To really experience Kolkata you have to look into the antiquated engineering and memorable spots. That is the most ideal approach to see the genuine picture of the ‘City of Delight. While Kolkata is a city of persevering appeal, it is additionally a city that brings out extraordinary feelings.
History and Specialty
Kolkata was named the capital of British India in 1772 in light of its key area that is ensured by the Hooghly River toward the west, by spring toward the north and by salt lakes to the east. Richard Wellesley, the Governor General between 1797 – 1805, was to a great extent in charge of the development of the city and its open design, which prompted the portrayal of Kolkata as “The City of Palaces“. It is a phenomenal representation of compositional landmarks and royal residences of notable significance.
Places to Visit
- Enjoy the beauty of Victoria Memorial is an extensive marble building, which is known to be the pride of Kolkata.
- You can visit the Mother house here, where the Tomb of Mother Teresa is available which is kept up by her great followers who have started to uphold her heritage.
- Glance at the Marble Palace, popular for its art collection of masterpieces painted by worldwide artists.
- The Birla Planetarium is a solitary storied roundabout structure outlined in the ordinary Indian style, whose engineering is planned on the Buddhist Stupa at Sanchi
Safety tips to follow
- It is enjoyable to feed the monkeys, yet you ought to be aware to protect yourself from them
- One thing you should have is a mosquito repellent with you always!
- On the off chance that you do go amid rainstorm season, make sure that you are drinking hygienic water. Additionally, wear dress that can secure you, particularly with regards to footwear.